Saturday 2 January 2010

2010- It's going to be a busy year!

This year:

I would like to become better at knitting.

Think about writing more- I have a dream of writing a book. Blogging is probably a good place to get me scribbling (or typing) again.

Go visit folks more.

Learn more about myself. Just generally become more self-aware. As my dad always says, "Maturity is self-knowledge."

Sing more. Whenever and where ever!

Go to more gigs.

Keep on working hard at uni.

Go out in the countryside more and appreciate how lucky I am to live here.

Read and learn all the stuff from my etiquette books. I'll be ready for all social occassions. Maybe I could buy one of those titles and become a Lady...

Organise my future and figure out how I can achieve my plans.

Make proper plans for the future... (Maybe that should go before organising.)

Go to see more comedy.

Go to Scotland.

Practise my cooking and baking skills.

Write more letters and post more parcels.

Keep a scrapbook.

Go to the theatre more and get involved with drama.

Read all my Harry Potter books again.

Learn more about philosophy.

There are probably a million things that will come to me when I post this but it is a start!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful ambitions, darling!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random Advice.

    > I would like to become better at knitting.

    See knittinghelp.com, or better do a search for a local stitch 'n' bitch knitting group. I did :)

    > Think about writing more

    Join a writers circle. Having a deadline, and fellow writers critique your work is invaluable.

    > Learn more about myself. Just generally become more self-aware. As my dad always says, "Maturity is self-knowledge."

    I have an introspection tag on my journal for that. Not posted to it a lot, and most of what I did is friends locked.

    > Sing more. Whenever and where ever!

    I do this :) I never know the words, so just make stuff up.

    > Make proper plans for the future... (Maybe that should go before organising.)

    Read "Getting Things Done".

    > Learn more about philosophy.

    Start with "The Tao of Pooh" :D

    ReplyDelete